Spiga

Weigh-in #11

I spent Friday night in the local emergency room with my 16-year-old daughter. Her tonsils were swollen and had white streaks all over them, which usually means strep throat. In addition to all that, she was complaining of abdominal pain, had a fever and chills, and was sick to her stomach.

After waiting for approximately three hours for a doctor to see my daughter, we learned that, basically, she had the flu, which had been going around. Well, come Saturday morning, I caught what she had, and the both of us were sick. Since Saturday, I've been unable to hold my head up, so I've pretty much been in bed resting and taking it easy -- except for the times when I was up nursing my daughter.

Although, I'm still not feeling up to power, I can at least hold my head up again. Besides, I was really getting tired of being in the bed; a person can only stand the bed for so long. Anyway, because I've been sick, I wasn't able to weigh in until yesterday evening, and I'm happy to report that I've lost 1.6 pounds. I would imagine some of that weight loss is from being sick, because I haven't been able to eat anything for two days. I tried eating Saturday night, but the small portion that I did eat didn't stay down, so I've been living off Mint Green Tea, cough syrup and Halls cough drops since Saturday evening. Even if my illness played a part in this weigh-in, I'm still happy I lost, and I plan to lose even more for my next weigh-in. If my plan works, I should be back in the 270's in two weeks. Yep, I'm crossing my fingers and hope you are, too.

Previous weight (1-16-09): 282.0 pounds
Current weight: 280.4 pounds
Total lost since last weigh-in: 1.6 pounds

2 comments:

  Lillie Ammann

2/03/2009 11:50 PM

Misti,
Sorry you and your daughter have been ill, but glad you've lost some weight. I finally started my diet a few weeks ago after I fell and was incapacitated for several days. My husband cooked for me, and I couldn't get up to eat except when he helped me to the table so I was a captive to diet meals. :-) I've since started on Nutri-System as I decided I needed more structure than trying to diet on my own.

How is your father? I have been praying for him since you first told us he was sick.

  Misti Sandefur, Christian author/freelance writer

2/04/2009 12:18 AM

Lillie,

I hate to hear you fell, and I hope you're doing better since the fall. It's always nice to have a caring husband when you're in need. :)

I hope the Nutri-System works out for you and would love to hear the results. As for me, I've decided to lose the weight through natural weight loss -- no pills, systems or expensive surgery.

Thanks for asking about my father. Currently, he's doing well and taking his treatments like he should be. He's also enjoying life by getting out more, and he comes to spend the night at my house every once in a while. It's nice to have his company, and he says he enjoys our company, too. He also says he plans to spend more time with my brother, his grandchildren (my kids; my brother doesn't have any yet, but he and his wife are working on it) and me while he still has time on this Earth. If you'll continue to remember him in your prayers, we'd greatly appreciate it. He still has a long road to travel, of course, but so far things are going well.