Spiga

Craving a Healthy Snack for Your Sweet Tooth?

I'm not too big on sweets as some folks are, but there are occasions when I get a hankering for something sweet. In the past, I would bake some cookies, eat a piece of chocolate cake or reach for a doughnut when that rare moment of wanting something sweet hit me. Today, however, I'm determined to reach my goal weight, and in order to do that, I can't have that cookie, chocolate cake or doughnut... no matter how good it sounds. So how do I satisfy my sweet tooth now? Simple, I have a honey graham cracker, which seems to satisfy my need for something sweet. Yes, I realize graham crackers contain sugar --7 grams to be exact -- but they're also high in fiber and protein, and the best part is they don't have near as many calories as the cookies, chocolate cake and donuts. Therefore, I consider my honey graham crackers to be a healthy snack when I'm wanting something to satisfy my sweet tooth.

What do you consider a healthy snack for someone with a hankering for a sweet treat?

Photo credit: Oskay

0 comments: