Spiga

Third Weigh-In

This past week I enjoyed salads with tuna for lunch and snacks, and during supper I had a complete meal that always consisted of meat (baked or slow-cooked in an electric skillet), one vegetable (mostly corn on the cob) and a limited amount of instant potatoes. However, one night during supper I had burritos, which I fried in the deep fryer. Yes, I know, not the healthiest choice, but this was one of those nights when I was so busy writing for clients that I needed something quick to fix for the family so I could get back to work, and burritos was the choice, but I certainly don't make a habit of eating fried burritos. In addition to having a salad as a snack, there were also times when I wanted something other than salad, so I had a low-fat fudge bar, grapes or a bowl of cereal (Cocoa Dots).

Throughout the day and evening this past week my drinks included water with 2tsps. orange juice stirred in, or sweet tea. I drank more of the homemade flavored water than I did tea, and one evening during the past week I had a diet Pepsi.

Unfortunately, I neglected my nightly workouts on the Ab Lounge. I was only able to work out one night out of the entire week. I had a busy week writing for existing clients as well as a new client that requires me to write five nights each week. Yes, I know I probably could have taken a short break from writing to get my Ab Lounge workout in, but work wasn't the main reason for my tardiness on the Ab Lounge. For some reason this past week I've been low on energy, tired all the time, and I experienced frequent dizziness. Maybe it's the change in my eating habits, or maybe it's something else, but whatever the reason, it prevented me from sticking to my usual workout routine.

Despite the fried burritos and not-so-active week, Friday morning I weighed-in at 278.6lbs., which is a weight loss of 3.4lbs. I tell ya, I couldn't be happier with the results. But what's really motivating is since I started my journey to weight loss I've lost a grand total of 5.4lbs. While that may not sound like a whole lot, it's a big accomplishment to me.

Have you joined me on my journey to weight loss? If so, use the comments area to tell me how you're doing thus far. Have you lost any weight? How has your diet changed? I'd love to hear all about your journey so I can cheer you on, too.

Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

3 comments:

  Anonymous

8/31/2008 7:59 AM

Hi Misti, Congrats! Sounds like you're on the right track. The diet doesn't sound bad at all. Actually, I always tell my clients that you're supposed to eat right 80% of the time and that should be enough to help you lose weight and get fit. The other 20 % of the time is ok to indulge in things that may not be the best choices (such as the burrito).

One thing I would suggest is to change the cereal. Instead of cocoa puffs, look for something with less sugar and more fiber. Fiber fills you up so you're less hungry and it also helps with digestion. You don't need to buy a sugar-free, flavorless cereal. Just compare a few you already know you like and choose the one with less sugar and more fiber.

Were you eating a lot of carbs before you started this diet? If the answer is yes, that may be the reason for your feeling weak and dizzy. You're eating very few carbs now (in comparison), and it takes some time for the body to adjust to the change. You should be fine after 10-15 days. If not, try eating more frequently to help your blood sugar stay stable and that should do the trick.

  Damaria Senne

9/04/2008 2:43 AM

Congratulations on your weight loss.

  Misti Sandefur, Christian author/freelance writer

9/04/2008 4:52 AM

Damaria Senne,

Thanks for the comment! Please do come back and comment as often as you like.